Registration Information

Registration Information
Registration Image

Registration Dates for 2020/2021 School Year 
Kick-off to 2020-2021 Registration - Monday, January 20, 2020 to Monday, January 27, 2020

Elementary Student Transfer Application Period - Monday, February 3, 2020 to Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Secondary Student Transfer Application Period - Monday, February 3, 2020 to Tuesday, February 18, 2020 
Middle French Immersion Registration Period - Monday, February 10, 2020 to Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Please read this Parent Guide to Applications for Transferring Students to school which is not your designated school.  

Step 1 - Find your school 

Use our school locator to find your child's designated school. This is the school your child should attend based on where you live in Ottawa.

If you would like to register your child in an OCDSB school that is not their designated school, you will need to apply for a cross-boundary transfer. Please be advised that not all cross-boundary transfers are approved.

New to Canada?

The Family Reception Centre is designed to help if English is not your first language. Staff can also assist with new Permanent Resident to Canada, returning from abroad or from a French language school board. Please call our Family Reception Centre at 613-239-2416 to make an appointment.

Step 2 - COMPLETE registration form

The Registration form must be completed. Please download the form below or complete the Online Registration Form at the following link. 

Try our NEW Online Registration Form!


Click on the Sign in button in the top right corner, then follow the Parent/Guardian link to create an account. 


Try our Fillable Form

Complete our fillable stand-alone Registration form available here. Please note you will need Acrobat Reader to complete this form.

Download Free Acrobat Reader

This registration form can be completed electronically, but cannot be saved to your computer, so make sure that you are able to print the form as soon as you have finished filing it in.

Once completed and printed, bring it along with you to the school in person to finalize the registration process.

Step 3 - CONTACT school

Don’t forget to collect all of the supporting documents you need to register your child:

1. Your child's proof of age (in the form of a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, registration of birth card, or passport). Note: Registration cannot be completed without one of these forms of identification.

2. Your child's proof of address (minimum of two currently dated documents of the following: property tax bill, assessment notice.  If you have newly purchased or rented your home, we can accept purchase of sale agreement, mail redirections, home/renters insurance or rental agreement for a separately assessed unit, utility bills).

3. Your child’s Ontario health card.  Immigration documents if applicable and custody/access documentation if applicable.

4. Once you have received the school's request for further documentation, please come to the office, we ask that you please visit us between 9:30am to 11am or 1pm to 2:30pm where possible. 


More information regarding children attending school and Immunizations can be found here

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.